Prep Time: 5-10 min
Inspiration: Who doesn't like another way to eat more avocados.
- 4 slices whole wheat or whole grain bread
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon The Zing Thing pepper flakes
- 3 cherry tomatoes - sliced
- 3 tomatillo - sliced
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped cilantro
- chopped chives
- Mash the avocados with a fork in a shallow bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and pepper flakes.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl—add tomatoes and tomatillos. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Toast the bread until browned and crisp. Lightly brush the toast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put equal amounts of the mashed avocado on toast.
- Cover avocado mash with marinated cherry tomatoes and tomatillos.
- Sprinkle on cilantro and chives
- Optional - add more of The Zing Thing pepper flakes