Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
Inspiration: This is a favorite around our house, especially my wife, she loves them.
Great any time of year but really good in spring and summer with a spicy
Margarita or an ice-cold pepper infused beer. - Saul Ginsburg, Co-Founder
- 1 pound white fish – mahi mahi, talapia or orata
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Out pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- ¼ - ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- Shredded white cabbage
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Sour cream or Crema
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced green onion
- Smoked Out pepper flakes
- Hot sauce
This one is easy:
- I recommend cooking the fish on your grill while sipping a Spicy Margarita (check out our recipe). A skillet on your inside cooktop will work just fine too!
- Whisk together the oil, lime juice, Smoked Out flakes, jalapeño and cilantro, pour over the fish. Let marinate for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade, place on a hot grill, flesh side down. Grill the fish for 4 minutes and then flip for 30 seconds and remove.
- Let the fish rest for 5 minutes then flake the fish with a fork.
- Place the tortillas on the grill for 20 seconds. Divide the fish on the tortillas and then use your imagination with what garnishes you are adding.