Prep Time: 30 minutes (5 hrs of marinading)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Inspiration: We just freakin' love wings
- 1lb chicken wings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbl canola oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp pepper flakes (we use our Smoked Out pepper flakes)
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pieces of celery
- Your favorite salad dressing
Our preferred method to cook these is on a charcoal grill, but a gas grill will work just fine!
- Cut the wings into 3 sections—the drumstick, flat, and tip (save the tip section for your homemade stock)
- Heat saucepan to medium heat and combine the honey, soy sauce, pepper flakes, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Gently stir until all the ingredients are blended, about 3-5 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
- Put the chicken wings in a large plastic resealable bag or a container with a lid.
- Add the cooled honey mixture and seal the bag or container. Shake and turn to completely coat all the wings.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours
Now you’re ready to start cooking
- Take the wings out of the refrigerator and let them get to room temperature.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- Get grill to around 350 degrees.
- Place the wings on your heated grill cooking until browned, about 5 – 8 minutes and then flip over for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- If cooking on your stove put the wings into a greased baking pan, bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and the drain turn wings and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with extra Smoked Out flakes, celery, and salad dressing on the side.
- Enjoy and send us your comments and pictures so we can add you to our online culinary crew.