Prep Time: 15-20 min
Inspiration: Bought a cool cook book and found out that Smash Burgers are underrated. Plus, smashing is fun.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- Smoked Out pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices of bacon chopped
- Colby Jack or preferred cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix yellow onion, salt, pepper, Smoked Out pepper flakes, bacon, and Worcestershire into ground beef.
- Form four 1/3 lb hamburger balls.
- Heat large cast-iron skillet on medium-medium high temperature.
- When hot, add ghee and let it start to melt.
- Drop burger balls into skillet
- Smash burger within 30 seconds of adding it to skillet.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, check for nice char then flip patties.
- Cook another couple of minutes to char (typically you will cook for less time on this side).
- Add cheese to patties.
- Pull off patties.
- Cool down skillet and add 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- Put hamburger buns on skillet face down for 30-60 seconds.
- Add patties and your favorite toppings to buns.
- Enjoy your delicious burger and a nice (spicy) beverage! Checkout our cocktail recipes for some inspiration.