Prep Time: 30 minutes
Inspiration: We decided to grow a bunch of tomatillos in our test garden this year. This is one gem that came out of it so far. Great topper for meats, seafood, and vegetables.
- 12 tomatillos (halved)
- 3 green jalapeno peppers
- 2 red fresno peppers (if you can't find red fresno peppers, just sub with jalapeno peppers)
- 1 dill pickle
- 2 tbsp Zing Thing Pepper Flakes
- Roast tomatillos, 2 jalapenos, and 2 fresnos on grill or oven at 350 degrees until charred on both sides. This should take roughly 10-15 minutes and peppers might take a bit longer.
- Chop 1 fresh jalapeno
- After ingredients are charred, remove and chop them up.
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Zing Thing pepper flakes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste preference.
- Refrigerate and enjoy on anything from salmon and burgers to breakfast tacos and eggs!