Capsco The New Standard Pepper Flake Blend
These chili pepper flakes have a subtle heat and are levels up from your generic red pepper flake.
The red cayenne and red jalapeno peppers in this blend give it a nice level of heat.
The Urfa Biber pepper really takes it to the next level by adding a delicious savory and salty element that will have you dumping these on just about everything.
- Red Cayenne Pepper (capsicum annum): These peppers can be traced back to South America, and many believe they originated in what is known now as French Guinana. These peppers were brought to Europe by Portuguese traders in the 15th century and can now be found all over the world.
- Urfa Biber Pepper: aka the the isot pepper, is native to the southeastern region of Turkey. These peppers originated from the city of Urfa, located near the Syrian border. These peppers are harvested when they are still green and then are sun-dried for several days until they turn a deep red color.
- Red Jalapeno Pepper: Jalapeno peppers originated in Veracruz, Mexico. The pepper is named after the city of Jalapa (aka Xalapa), which is the capital of Veracruz. These peppers have been cultivated in Mexico for centuries and were introduced to the United States in the 19th century–since becoming an especially popular ingredient in Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Pasta: chili pepper flakes add a unique flavor to your pasta dishes and a distinct spiciness that can help balance out the richness of pasta sauces. They also add textural contrast to pastas–making the dish more interesting to eat.
- Pizza/flatbreads: chili pepper flakes are a traditional topping for pizza.. But we’re tired of pizza places getting away with second-rate pepper flakes. Our pepper flakes go great with any pizza you want to add flavor and heat to–while also balancing out the richness of the cheese and other toppings.
- Salads: Pepper flakes are an extremely versatile topping. There is a reason why so many build-your-own bowl and salad restaurants have pepper flakes as a topping. The difference is that Capsco uses premium peppers and has multiple different flavor profiles for you to choose from.
- Sauteed or grilled vegetables: one of our favorite dishes is okra crisped on a skillet, but you can really use these to add depth and subtle spice to so many different vegetables
- Eggs: You will find yourself using these to complement so many different breakfast dishes. Think scrambled eggs, avocado toast, omelets, benedicts, corned beef hash, frittatas, and breakfast sandwiches.
- 30,000 SHUs
- Red Cayenne Pepper, Urfa Biber Pepper, Red Jalapeno Pepper
Hands down my new favorite staple in the kitchen! If you like just a little added heat, The Standard is the perfect blend. So far I’ve added it to breakfast potatoes, eggs, pasta, and popcorn (just to name a few)!
My new favorite product! Adds the perfect touch to pizza, avocado toast, or pretty much anything you like!
From omelettes to veggies The New Standard was an immediate replacement for generic “pepper flakes” and really brings out the best in my meals without breaking my heat tolerance.
What are Pepper Flake Blends?
You’ve probably heard of chili flakes, those crushed up red chile peppers, the most common pepper being used usually being cayenne. CAPSCO pepper flake blends take those chili flakes to the next level by blending different varieties of chili peppers. Pepper Flake blends are incredibly versatile because they add heat without being overpowering in size. You only need a little bit to add a lot of flavor. You can sprinkle them on top of pizza, add them to pasta, or use them to enhance the flavor of a bowl of chili.
How Do I Use Pepper Flake Blends?
It's easy! You can add them as a final touch to a dish, like sprinkling them on top of a creamy pasta dish to add some spiciness. Or sprinkle on avocado toast or pizza, creating a burst of flavor in every bite.
Our pepper flake blends can also be incorporated as the foundation for enhancing and developing the taste of a dish. Just add them when you’re cooking your recipe, any dish, sauce or soup that you want to add spice, flavor and heat. The heat will develop and mix with other flavors over time.
There are countless possibilities for using chili flakes in your cooking, and the result is often a deliciously spicy flavor that elevates your dish to new heights.
Our Flakes Bring The Flavor
Chili flakes are a popular spice used in many dishes, and for good reason. Despite their small size, they pack a punch of flavor that can add depth and heat to any recipe.
Their subtle flavor won't overpower the taste of your dish but will rather complement it.
The spiciness of these flakes is relatively high when compared to other spices. Too much of the flakes can easily overpower the flavors of your dish, leaving it too spicy and difficult to enjoy.
A little goes a long way with these flakes, and it's best to use them sparingly until you get a feel for their potency.
Small But Mighty Chili Flakes
Crushed chili pepper flakes are small in size, making it hard to discern much from them individually. However, they bring an earthy and slightly fruity taste to a dish when used. This flavor is due to the drying process of the peppers and ultimately the process of pulverizing them into flakes.
The drying process concentrates the flavors of the peppers, making them more potent and flavorful. When the dried peppers are pulverized into flakes, their flavors are further released and dispersed, providing an even distribution of flavor.
You can use crushed red pepper flakes to elevate the flavor of your dishes and impress your guests with your culinary prowess.
Capsco Chili Flakes
At Capsco, we recognzie the incredible flavor and versatility of chili flakes. Whether you're sprinkling it on pizzas and pastas or adding it to soups and chilis, this spice is a must-have in any kitchen. That's why we're proud to offer our own high-quality chili flakes, and we encourage you to get your own bottle today and experience the deliciousness for yourself!