Capsco The Zing Thing Pepper Flake Blend
Our Zing Thing chili flake blend has a sweet, fruity tang thanks to the flavorful and pungent Datil and Habanero peppers in this blend.
The Aleppo pepper in this blend is another delicious, but more mild pepper that allows us to tame down the heat a little bit while also complementing the flavor profile.
- Orange Habanero: The habanero pepper is a type of chili pepper that is native to the Caribbean, particularly to the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. The pepper was first domesticated by the Mayan civilization thousands of years ago, and was used both as a food and medicinal plant. The habanero pepper was later introduced to other parts of the world, including Central and South America, and has since become a popular ingredient in many cuisines around the world.
- Datil: The datil pepper is a type of chili pepper that is primarily grown in St. Augustine, Florida, in the United States. The pepper's origins are somewhat uncertain, but it is believed to have been brought to Florida by Minorcan immigrants from the Spanish Mediterranean island of Minorca in the late 18th century.
- Aleppo: The Aleppo pepper is a type of chili pepper that is named after the city of Aleppo in northern Syria, where it has been grown for centuries. The pepper is also known as the Halaby pepper, after the Arabic name for the city of Aleppo. he pepper is often used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines, particularly in dishes such as kebabs, stews, and salads.
- Sauteed or grilled vegetables take on a whole new level of flavor on the grill. I brush olive oil on ears of corn, zucchini, portobello mushrooms - whatever looks goods at the grocery store or local farmers market and hit them with a sprinkle of “the zing thing”.
- When I cook meat, fish, chicken or vegetables, I like a sauce to go with it. I’ll combine
Mayo, lemon juice, fresh dill, capers and “a dash of ‘the zing thing” to go with fresh salmon.
- When I’m making a chili “the zing thing” is a perfect addition to add some heat that won’t overpower the timid and will also satisfy the heat seekers. I always have the bottle at the table for some extra heat if needed.
- I’ve become a big fan of the salad kits that are in the grocery stores. I use them as my base and start adding walnuts, craisins, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, croutons, basically anything I have in the pantry or refrigerator. I always add another flavor of salad
Dressing (I like a lot of dressing) and a sprinkle of “the zing thing”.
- When it's been a long day and not sure what’s for dinner - I’ll run to the grocery store, pick up a frozen pizza or flatbread, and add some extra toppings and cheese. Before serving I hit it with parmesan cheese and “the zing thing - dinner solved.
- 150,000-200,000 SHUs
Orange Habanero Pepper, Datil Pepper, Aleppo Pepper
I put these flakes on everything! They’re great for spicing up pizza, pasta, soup, or leftovers and I love how they’re hotter than traditional pepper flakes. These are so versatile and have become the most used thing in my kitchen.
Have been using a little Zing on my eggs for a week now. Yesterday I used as a marinade (with olive oil) on some chicken breasts… I’m fully converted!
Flavor has nice depth of smokiness and tang - heat is hot but not overpowering. Really like that a few flakes go a long way.
This is head and shoulders above other “pepper flake” products I’ve tried in the past. Will be trying as a substitute for red pepper flakes on a white pizza later tonight!
What are Pepper Flake Blends?
You’ve probably heard of chili flakes, those crushed up red chile peppers, the most common pepper being used usually being cayenne. CAPSCO pepper flake blends take those chili flakes to the next level by blending different varieties of chili peppers. Pepper Flake blends are incredibly versatile because they add heat without being overpowering in size. You only need a little bit to add a lot of flavor. You can sprinkle them on top of pizza, add them to pasta, or use them to enhance the flavor of a bowl of chili.
How Do I Use Pepper Flake Blends?
It's easy! You can add them as a final touch to a dish, like sprinkling them on top of a creamy pasta dish to add some spiciness. Or sprinkle on avocado toast or pizza, creating a burst of flavor in every bite.
Our pepper flake blends can also be incorporated as the foundation for enhancing and developing the taste of a dish. Just add them when you’re cooking your recipe, any dish, sauce or soup that you want to add spice, flavor and heat. The heat will develop and mix with other flavors over time.
There are countless possibilities for using chili flakes in your cooking, and the result is often a deliciously spicy flavor that elevates your dish to new heights.
Our Flakes Bring The Flavor
Chili flakes are a popular spice used in many dishes, and for good reason. Despite their small size, they pack a punch of flavor that can add depth and heat to any recipe.
Their subtle flavor won't overpower the taste of your dish but will rather complement it.
The spiciness of these flakes is relatively high when compared to other spices. Too much of the flakes can easily overpower the flavors of your dish, leaving it too spicy and difficult to enjoy.
A little goes a long way with these flakes, and it's best to use them sparingly until you get a feel for their potency.
Small Buy Mighty Chili Flakes
Crushed chili pepper flakes are small in size, making it hard to discern much from them individually. However, they bring an earthy and slightly fruity taste to a dish when used. This flavor is due to the drying process of the peppers and ultimately the process of pulverizing them into flakes.
The drying process concentrates the flavors of the peppers, making them more potent and flavorful. When the dried peppers are pulverized into flakes, their flavors are further released and dispersed, providing an even distribution of flavor.
You can use crushed red pepper flakes to elevate the flavor of your dishes and impress your guests with your culinary prowess.
Capsco Chili Flakes
At Capsco, we recognzie the incredible flavor and versatility of chili flakes. Whether you're sprinkling it on pizzas and pastas or adding it to soups and chilis, this spice is a must-have in any kitchen. That's why we're proud to offer our own high-quality chili flakes, and we encourage you to get your own bottle today and experience the deliciousness for yourself!